Monday, June 28, 2010

Ebay

I came across this blog a couple weeks ago http://www.mydeartrash.blogspot.com/ and could not stop reading it. Its about 2 ladies who buy "trash" aka designer clothes at garage sales and thrift stores and resell the clothes on ebay. I could not believe the amount of money they were making doing this. One of the ladies saved up over $4,000.00 in for months for her family vacation.

Now, anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE garage sales and thrift stores. I am always looking for ways to make a little extra money and I hate passing up great deals on clothes at yard sales because they are not my size. So, this seemed like the perfect fit for me! The first week I mostly posted clothes of my own that I wanted to get rid of. I also bought 2 skirts at a thrift store for $o.89 each. I posted 10 items and sold 6 with a profit of $35.00. Ebay does charge $0.25 for every post unless you are posting it for $0.99. I know it doesn't sound like much but for the $4.28 investment it wasn't bad! I have 31 items posted on ebay right now, and around 20 more to post. My goal this week is to make $100.00.


Here are some of my best sellers so far for the last couple weeks. I've been learning the bigger the sixe the better it sells!


These old Navy size 24 jeans I got for $0.50. The auction hasn't closed yet but so far they are going to sell for $9.99
I got this size 16 New york and company skort for $1.00 and sold it for $6.99

I bought these Ann Taylor Loft pants at a thrift store for myself about a year ago and haven't worn them yet. They fit my a little funny so I sold them for $7.99

I got these maternity shorts for my sister lasy summer when she was pregnat and she gave them back because they did not fit. I almost put them in my parents yard sale, but last second pulled them out to sell online. I'm glad I did because I made $6.99 from them. Much more than I would have gotten from a yard sale!



This was my first item to sell, one of the skirts I picked up for $0.89. Its Ann Taylor Loft and sold for $5.99




Saturday I picked up 5 pairs of Old Navy plus size jeans in PERFECT condition, some even with the tags on them. I paid less them $1 a pair and I'm excited to post them after seeing what the first pair sold for.




2 comments:

Devon said...

Awesome! This makes me want to go to yard sales. :)

Carrie said...

You are awesome! Going to dig through my closets and get stuff posted on ebay....and then maybe a trip to goodwill later...hmmm....